Asked by Manisha Giri

on 10/4/20

My mom has been encountering upper left and middle abdominal pain ,along with lack of apitite,and the pain increases as she eats something.Also she has medical history of having a small flesh grown on gallbladder approx 3mm.Which was said it’s normal and given a normal medication and should be treated if it grows but fortunately it has not grown so nothing is done after normal medication. Is this because of gallbladder or anything else,and my mom is super worried about it ,so anything serious doctor??

Replies to question

Dr. Dibas Khadka

Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology

If this is the first time she has developed pain abdomen (i.e. no similar pain abdomen before one week) along with an associated difficulty in breathing I suggest you to visit Emergency Department of Bir Hospital/TUTH Teaching Hospital or other big private hospitals for further evaluation.

Answered on 11/4/20

she is 48 yrs old and encountering this problem since 6 days, and she is having difficulty in breathing as well.

Answered on 11/4/20
Dr. Dibas Khadka

Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hepatology

Hi Manisha Ji, other relevant information like your mum's age and duration of her problems would have been helpful. 3 mm flesh(Polyp) in Gallbladder is less likely to cause her symptoms. I recommend to perform basic blood tests and an Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy to look for Ulcer in Stomach and initial portion of small intestine because ulcer is common cause for pain abdomen that worsens after meal.

Answered on 10/4/20

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤