Asked by Abinash kumar mandal

on 29/10/21

Hello sir, i am a 27 year male abinash and i am from Nepal. On 17th October 2021 one street dog was in pain because when I was trying to touch her hip area she tried to bite but when touching her head the dog was normal. then i thought someone hit on her hip area because she can’t even move her so i injected painkiller intramuscularly but accidently that needle pricked my finger and blood came out.. I thoroughly wash it with alcohol sanitizer and took tetanus toxoid but next day dog was died and then i worried and start rabies vaccination from 19 October but unfortunately HRIG (human rabies immunoglobulin ) was not available and didn’t took it then i continue start to take vaccine ( Vero cell) intradermal as according to schedule and today is 7th day and i took 3rd dose of anti rabies vaccine without HRIG So, my question is just assuming the dog was rabid then anti-rabies vaccine alone will protect me or not..?? I am very afraid because I didn't take HRIG so please give me a suggestion. What further do...??or anti rabies vaccine will be sufficient for me...?? Please reply to me....

Replies to question

Dr. Sumedha Paudel

Medical officer, 2 Years of practice

HRIG is adjunct to anti rabies vaccine and its obvious that both of the dose will prevent the risk of preventing from the injection. So far to your questions, is it sufficient or not, the researches have said they have superior effect in combination than use of only one. Hope for the best, complete the antirabies dose ans report to hospital if any symptoms.

Answered on 30/10/21

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤